Retirement Plan Consulting
Our retirement plan consulting services are designed to help plan sponsors at small to mid-size businesses select, implement, monitor, and manage effective 401(k) and 403(b) savings and retirement plans that are geared towards providing optimal benefits to your employees while seeking to protect you from fiduciary and regulatory risk. We also can provide the education your employees need to help them make the best possible decisions concerning their retirement accounts.
The fact is, as a plan sponsor, you are held accountable for a level of expert knowledge that likely lies outside your area of expertise and familiarity. Even if you have employed the services of a third-party fiduciary to monitor selected investments, as a plan fiduciary, you remain liable for the plans you provide to your employees.
Through our partnership with BAM Advisor Services, LLC, one of the industry’s leading 401(k) plan administrators, we have access to additional expert resources to support our advice to plan sponsors and participants, the ability to offer quality investment vehicles at lower plan costs than many similar plans, and the tools, processes, and standards to help promote regulatory compliance. Our combined team can help protect you from risk by serving as a legal advocate for the plan and your company, coordinating with your plan custodian and record keeper/CPA to:
- Set up and convert your plan(s)
- Draft an effective Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Select appropriate investments and asset allocation for your plan
- Organize group enrollment/education meetings for plan participants
- Monitor investment performance and recommend changes when needed
- Meet regularly with the plan sponsor and provide written fund monitoring information
- Promote compliance with Department of Labor plan-related standards
A better way to do the 401k